Monday, December 3, 2012

Daily Challenge

So I've always loved everything to do with video-games and movies - and all the art and graphics that goes in to them as well - but I also have a long standing passion for comics & good books. At a young age I always wanted to be a comic book artist, and used to draw  super heroes and villains constantly.

Drawing was something I was always pretty good at, though I never took classes or was too dedicated to it. Recently I picked up a new cheap sketch book, and started trying to draw again - and to my surprise I found I'm better than I was before, even years after (I attribute to a better understanding of anatomy, and values such as depth perception).

I've read on many websites and forums that the best way to improve artistic ability is simply to practice, so I committed to making time each day to work on my drawing. No matter how good or bad they turn out, I'm keeping track of each day's work and progress, and hopefully will get better each day!

So without further delay I'll update my progress so far:

Day 1 [11-26-12]: Female Blood Elf

Blood Elf by ~HiringHenchmen on deviantART

Day 2 [11-27-12: Lara Croft Sketch

Lara Croft Sketch by ~HiringHenchmen on deviantART

Day 3 [11-28-12]: Spider-man Sketch

Spider-man Sketch by ~HiringHenchmen on deviantART

Day 4a [ 11-29-12]: Spartan Warrior Sketch

Spartan Warrior by ~HiringHenchmen on deviantART

Day 4b [11-29-12]: Steampunk Girl Sketch

Steampunk Girl Sketch by ~HiringHenchmen on deviantART

Day 5 [ 11-30-12]: Exalted Monk Rough Sketch

Exalted Monk Sketch by ~HiringHenchmen on deviantART

Day 6 [12-1-12]: Female Warrior Sketch

Female Warrior Sketch by ~HiringHenchmen on deviantART

I don't claim to be a fantastic artist, but simply hope to improve through persistence and practice. Check out my page on Deviantart.com and please give me your comments and criticisms, hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment