Monday, December 3, 2012

Day 7 [12-2-12]: Deadpool

As I often do my drawing in the evenings, I'll likely have a one day delay on most of my posts. I think that also allows me to think a little clearer, and gives me a little more time for self evaluation.

Anyways, we're on day 7- it's been a week and I think I pulled out my best yet. Late evening on day 6, I did a rough sketch with my green pencil, but it wasn't till the next day that the picture really came together. Here's the basic sketch after I brought it together

Deadpool Sketch

Deadpool Sketch by ~HiringHenchmen on deviantART

Having been quite happy with how that turned out, I decided to try my hand at doing the line work for it, as that is a very important part of comic book art.

Deadpool Lineart

Deadpool Lineart by ~HiringHenchmen on deviantART

Again happy with this step (although looking back I feel I could have emphasized the line work more in general), I decided to take it to the next stage and try to paint the image. Using photoshop and a very basic knowledge of how to colour comics, I set the base colours and used the dodge/burn tool for my high/lowlights. I hope to get a hang of truly painting properly in photoshop, though I'm having some trouble using a mouse for it. Anyways, I'm still happy with how the final product turned out!

Deadpool: Merc with a mouth

Deadpool: merc with a mouth by ~HiringHenchmen on deviantART

Again, I'm very happy with the turnout, although I still want to learn a lot more about photoshop painting. I added the speech bubble just for a little flavour, most of Deadpool's fandom is due to his... interesting take on things.

Anyways, thanks for checking out my work. You can check my gallery out over on Deviantart, I'm hoping to get any and all feedback I can, just want to keep getting better!

All the best

No comments:

Post a Comment