Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Day 8: Spider-man Returns!

One of the many things I want to improve on, is my form/figure drawing, and I don't mean being able to replicate someone else's illustration. Most of my drawing has been from someone else's work, and though I definitely think it is worthwhile and teaching me lots, I don't want it to be a 'crutch' for me.

Spider-man's costume is easy enough to draw (and I don't even have to try and draw a face - though I should be practising that more as well), and that enables me to focus on drawing a completely unique and original pose from my imagination. Not that I'm trying to draw an amazingly dynamic pose, just practising the basics.

Spider-man Sketch

Spider-man Sketch by ~HiringHenchmen on deviantART

Spider-man Lineart

Spider-man Lineart by ~HiringHenchmen on deviantART


I hope to get this coloured, as well as the final details (need to add costume webbing still) completed soon. As you'll have seen from earlier posts, not all my work is taken to the same point of completion, and that is simply because this is just practice and learning. Some work's I will continue to take further into the process, but not all, though I hope to revisit past sketches in the future as I get better and can improve them.

As always, I'm very open to criticism, comments and advice. Thanks for taking the time to check out my blog!

Don't forget to check me out on DeviantArt and follow me on Twitter !

No comments:

Post a Comment